Monday, May 26, 2008

Mushy Memorial Monday


Memorial Day is special to our family. It is a day to reflect on those that we love and have lost. A day to remember the freedom that we have as a result of hero's. A day to remember memories. Today in my blog I want to remember two people that we have lost that were close to me






Todd is Jason's brother. He was one of my closest friends. You couldn't help but be happy around Todd. Even when he was sick he would still make you laugh. I remember putting girly smelling lotion on his poor swollen feet. He loved to have his feet rubbed. I remember Todd waiting until 12:01 on Monday morning making a Taco Bell run so he wouldn't break the Sabbath. I remember Todd calling Jason asking if he could play. He would come to our house a couple of times a week and play video games. Todd and Ryker fought like they were brothers. They also loved each other like brothers. I always had a jar full of banana peppers in my fridge thanks to Todd. I eventually threw them out when we bought our new house. It was hard to do because I would have a daily reminder of Todd. When Todd was in the hospital I remember him holding my hand telling me he was scared. He wasn't ready to die yet. I didn't know what to say so I just held his hand. Then towards the end he was ready to go. He knew that his time was short. He told his step-dad that he was ready. The next day he was gone. We felt peaceful and confident that he was ready to go be with his Dad. We miss him!!



Another person I want to remember today is Jason's Dad. I didn't get to know him as well as I wanted to. He passed away only 1 year after we were married. I did have some of the most spiritual experiences of my life during this time though. I remember when it was my days to sit with him, he would want to watch cartoons. I remember him singing...I want my baby back baby back baby back *Chili's baby back ribs*... He would always sing that song. I remember going to the hospital when he woke up from his coma wanting grape juice. I remember his commitment to his wife and family. They weren't ready for him to go yet so he hung on until they were. I remember him getting a valentines present for his wife even though he was so sick. We went and picked it up. I remember the veil being very thin. He would talk to people on the other side. You could feel peace when they were there. This was the first experience I had ever had of someone this close and this young die. It was such a trial for our family. But it made us appreciate each other more. Now Jason's mom is remarried and we are grateful for the Dad that He is.





No comments: