Monday, April 6, 2009

Round One



Last night we had just gotten to my Grandma and Grandpas. We didn't even have time to go and get a cookie! Lilly fell and hit her head smack dab on the corner of the coffee table. So we scooped her up and off we went to the Emergency Room. Lilly is terrified of doctors. She was so scared. She had to be weighed and she was shaking so bad I thought she would fall of the scale table. It broke my heart. Then we got in the room and she just kept saying...I want to go home.
The doctor came in and saw how upset she was so we decided to get her sedated for the stitches. Right when they were coming in to get a shot he came back and said that life flight was on the way with a major trauma so it would be a while. 1 and 1/2 hours later they came to work on Lilly. She is a little fighter. They gave her the medicine and she was fighting it the whole time. You could see her start to go to her happy place and then she would blink her eyes and find her way out of it. She did calm down enough for her to lay on the bed. She stayed awake the whole time. The doctor said that he had never seen someone this young laying there talking. He started to do the stitches and she would say.....Fine Fine Fine. Then a little later she said...Its ME! Its ME Its ME! Jason and I were laughing. Then she started to sing. We got it on Jasons phone but it looks a little weird because she is so doped up. I don't think I want to post it. 5 stitches later she is a new woman.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh no! I'm glad she's OK!

I was thinking about you this weekend. Haven't heard from you in a while, and now I know why!

Just SO said...

That poor thing! Those darn coffee tables. I'm glad she is doing okay but it's so hard to see them hurt and scared.

Unknown said...

Awwww... that's so sad! But yet funny with her sedated actions! Something to show off on a first date to blackmail! LOL

Head wounds can be SO bad! I remember when Jayci was only 2 and she was in the shower with me. She slipped and hit her head on the drain and I just remember it bleeding soooo bad! The water didn't help much either! I was just glad our doctor could get her in right away. She ended up with 4 staples in the back of her head.

Bless her heart, I hope she got a HUGE sucker out of it! :0)

Coley Ru said...

OK, this is a true blogger! Did you have your camera with you or was this with your phone? Poor baby! She looks so sad...so does Jason come to think of it. I bet you were in hog heaven though, being in the emergency room amid all the true action. All though it probably sucked being THE action this time! Hope she feels better soon!!! She is a sweety!

kari said...

Hey cami it's kari jones! Just came across your blog. Your kids are adorable. Sorry that your lil one got hurt, i can't believe with how crazy my kids are we have never had to do stitches.

Ashley said...

Aww...poor Lilly. That is so sad that she had to get stitches. I am glad that she is okay. Coffee tables are dangerous, My sister broke her collar bone when she fell off the couch and hit the table when she was little. I hope she is feeling better!

Dee Ann Carter said...

Cami! Did you although Lily's wound is much worse. Did you ever think we would be spending more time in the dr's with the girls than we do with the boys! Can't wait to see you guys when we get home!

KatBouska said...

Oh man! She had REALLY fell!! Poor baby. :( I'm glad she's ok...she's too pretty to be bruised up and sad looking.

Fantastic Five said...

thought i would check out a couple blogs today, which i haven't been doing often. your kids are so cute. how are things with you? i know the hospital can be a crazy place for little ones. poor thing. dylan had 5 surgerys on his head when he was a baby. they need to give that girl some "versed". that stuff rocks! she wont remember a thing. poor baby.