Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Time for Thanks

My Thanks:
I love this picture even though I totally want to photo shop my 3 chins out of it. I can't help but feel the spirit tingle when I think of this day. Lilly was sealed to us in the Bountiful Temple. Ryker was able to be there watching the sealing take place. There is such a special feeling when you see your whole family there in the sealing room. It was such a great day. I am grateful for "C" and the sacrifice that she made so that we could have Lilly. This time of year I am reminded of our second family. They were living here during her pregnancy. We were able to share the holiday season with them. They were able to get a taste of our lives and the fun that we have with family. I love "C" and "P". They truly showed us what sacrifice really means.

I am so grateful for Jason. He has worked so hard over the years so we could be where we are today. Job security is such a blessing and so is not having to worry about money. We do have our share of stress about it sometimes but for the most part we are truly blessed. I always wanted to stay home with my kids and Jason allowed me to do that. For that I am thankful.

Every mom says that her kids are the best. Of course I think that. Ryker, since he was little has always had the sweetest heart. He loves to snuggle and will tell you numerous times a day that he loves you. He is always looking out for me. Lilly's smile will light up a room. Her personality is cuter every day. She loves her dad and is always by his side when he is home. She is starting to like church which is so nice because there is nothing better then going to relief society. I love to feel the spirit on Sundays. As much as I try when I am in nursery...it just isn't the same.

I am grateful that my kids are able to know their great grandparents. I have all of my grandparents still alive. Not very many people can say that at my age. I always loved going to their house on Sunday's and it is so fun that my kids are able to participate in that tradition. I love going to see all of my aunts and uncles and being friends with them. Modern medicine is a blessing and has allowed my grandparents to be here today.

I am grateful (though not always) that I had strict parents. You really never understand some things that were done until you have to raise your own kids. I see that ultimately things were done out of love. It is so hard to raise a family when the world is so wicked. So thanks to my Mom and Dad who help make it easier. Thanks also to my brothers and sisters who I love love love. They really are my friends. We are all so close and I love that I can call them in times of need.

I love having friends that I can laugh with till my cheeks hurt. There is nothing better then laughing. So thanks to my friends who made me invest in wrinkle cream since I am now getting laugh lines.

Lastly I am grateful for my testimony of the church. It is so nice to know that I will be with my family forever. No matter what happens on this earth we can be forgiven and live with those we love for eternity. I can think of nothing better than that. So take this time to think of what you are thankful for. Blog about it...Write about it...Just remind yourselves that we are blessed. We are truly blessed.

5 comments:

Coley Ru said...

What a cute family picture. I don't think it needs to be photoshoped at all. You look beautiful and happy! I am grateful to include myself in with those friends that you have laughed with till your cheeks hurt!!! Love, Coley

Ali Miller said...

What a special day. Thanks for sharing such a neat experience. It, the temple, really does remind us how special this time and our families really are.

Karen said...

Congratulations! What a sweet special day! Thank you for sharing. Families are wonderful! I love mine so much! =)

Unknown said...

Oh, that is so sweet. And girl, you need to take out that "3 chin" thing... I didn't even notice until you said something! You look beautiful...your whole family!

9 Crazy Carters in the Coop said...

What a special day! Cami I wish that I knew about these things. I feel terrible that Us IDAHO Carters are retards!!! Sorry we weren't there to help celebrate this most special day! We love you all and You are BEAUTIFUL!!! your whole entire family.